As some of you know, I embarked on a much-needed, month-long happiness challenge for my business last month. The challenge was led by the very smart and insightful Kellie Adkins, who helped me to get very clear about what I'm about as a business and - much to my astonishment - to even ENJOY business planning. It probably helped considerably that the business planning model we worked with felt more like a creative writing/art project. Regardless, I've finally found a way to work that works for me! My final assignment: to come up with a list of 10 Guidelines for Vibrant Flourishing in Life and Business. Here it is:
1 Cultivate good habits. Your daily habits shape your body, your mind and your life, so cultivate habits that feed health and happiness.
2 Operate from a clear sense of purpose. Know what matters to you and be prepared to do what it takes to create it.
3. Cultivate focus. There's always something to take attention away from what matters.
4. Create first; edit later.
5. Make time in your schedule for play, wild imaginings and discovery. Learn, create or discover something new each day.
6. Have a plan. Be prepared to ditch it.
7. Invest in yourself (time, money, education, rest, fitness, health). Plan to reach your full potential on every front!
8. Connect. Connection is everything.
9. Create opportunities for your success and for the success of others. Create a win-win-win whenever you can!
10. When deciding what to do, ask yourself “Do I want to live in a world where …?” If the answer is yes, then do it!
*Note: Yeah, I use a lot of exclamation marks. 'Cause I'm excitable!!!!!!!